1 boneless pork should roast (2 ½ pounds) trimmed of fat
1 can of diced tomatoes & green chilies (don’t drain)
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon of honey
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon of salt
assorted burrito toppings (cheese, lettuce, sour cream, fresh cilantro, beans, etc..)
(use raw honey- 2 tablespoons, kaboom chili powder, large spoonful of extra hot salsa)
1. spray 3-4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray
2. place meat in cooker
3. in blender, add tomatoes & chilies, tomato paste, honey, garlic, chili powder and salt. cover and blend on medium speed for 10 seconds.
4. pour mixture over pork
5. cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours
6. once done, shred with forks
7. serve shredded pork on tortilla, add toppings and EAT
seriously, this is the best crock pot recipe ever!!!!! and "boston butt roast" is gonna be the title of my next album!!!
questions for the cooks out there:
why is it, sometimes my pork chops come out chewy? am i over or under cooking them?
i use shake-n-bake and stick them in the oven, and sometimes they turn out perfect, and sometimes they end up tough and chewy. is there some secret pork cooking trick i don't know?
another question: is it ok to take a hot frying pan and stick it in the sink with cold water? it makes a lot of noise (sizzle and pop) but seems to do no harm.
and finally, why does the coffee creamer sometimes not dissolve and float to the top of my cup of coffee? it happens when i put creamer and splenda in the cup first, then pour the hot coffee.
the mysteries of the kitchen...........