* 4 baking potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
* 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 3 ounces)
* 6 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
* 1 cup (4 ounces) reduced-fat shredded extrasharp cheddar cheese, divided
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
* 3/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
* 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
* Cracked black pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°.
Pierce potatoes with a fork; bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes; coarsely mash.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Place flour in a large Dutch oven; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly (about 8 minutes). Add mashed potatoes, 3/4 cup cheese, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, stirring until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
Stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup onions. Cook over low heat 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Ladle 1 1/2 cups soup into each of 8 bowls. Sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese, 1 1/2 teaspoons onions, and about 1 tablespoon bacon. Garnish with cracked pepper, if desired.