9/05/2012

best roasted tofu recipe yet!

I got this recipe from "this is not a diet"'s blog.  I've tried many variation on roasted tofu and her recipe is amazing!!!

Here ya go...



TIP:

Before marinating and roasting, it is a good idea to drain the water from the tofu if it is water packed. Some people soak up the water using paper towels, but I try not to use those unless it’s really necessary. (Too wasteful!) I put the block of tofu in a pasta strainer that has a flat bottom and I rest a pot of water (for the weight) on top of it for 10-15 minutes.

 RECIPE:

After straining excess water, cut tofu into approximately 1 inch cubes.

In a bowl large enough for tossing the tofu, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, grated fresh ginger, cayenne pepper, cumin, and peanut oil.

I can’t emphasize enough how delicious peanut oil is, especially for Asian flavored dishes. Toss the tofu in the marinade and let sit for 15 minutes or longer. I never seem to plan ahead enough for longer and the tofu soaks up liquids easily, so a long marinating session isn’t really necessary.

Arrange cubes on a roasting pan with space in between each cube (for optimum golden crispiness). 

Roast for 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven and flip each cube. Depending how patient I’m feeling, I’ll either flip each cube using tongs or use a spatula and hope for the best.

Roast for 20 more minutes until golden.

No comments: