ok, i tried out a new recipe and loved it. it's actually a combination of 2 recipes i found on a great website, that i tweaked and combined into one. (check out the simply recipes website for tons of great recipes. it's put together really well and easy to navigate.)
Moroccan Spiced Grilled Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1. Mix the marinade ingredients (yogurt, cilantro, olive oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper) together in a medium sized bowl. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and thoroughly coat with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator from 6 to 10 hours.
2. Heat your grill on high heat. Grill the chicken breasts a few minutes on each side, until cooked through. Take care not to overcook, as chicken breasts can easily dry out.
Grilled Corn Salad Recipe
4 ears of corn in husks
1 large red bell pepper
1 5-inch long zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 Serrano chili pepper, seeded and minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup feta
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp cider vinegar/ or lime juice/ or champagne vinegar
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
*some ingrediants are optional, like feta and serrano pepper. i used both. i also used a balsamic vinegar (bought by mistake, thought it was champagne vinegar) and a squeeze of fresh lime. the grilled veggies (red pepper, zuccini, etc..) can be replaced with anything you like. i added some yellow squash.
1. Prepare your grill for high, direct heat. Oil the grill grates. Rub a little olive oil over the bell pepper. Place the corn (in their husks) and red bell pepper directly on the grill grates. Cover the grill. Turn corn occasionally, so that every part of the husk is blackened. Turn the red bell pepper occasionally until the skin has blistered up all around it. This should take 15 to 20 minutes. For the last 5 minutes or so, rub olive oil over the zucchini pieces and place the zucchini pieces directly on the grill grate, cut side down. Turn them over after a few minutes when they have some nice grill marks on them. Let them cook for just a minute or two on the other side.
2. Let the corn cool down for a few minutes and pull back the husks. Use a sharp knife to make long, downward strokes, removing the kernels from the cob, as you work your way around the cob. Once the bell pepper has cooled a bit, remove the outer peel. Cut open the pepper, remove the seeds and stem. Chop the bell pepper into small pieces.
Slice the slightly browned zucchini again lengthwise and chop into small pieces.
3. Place grilled corn kernels, chopped bell pepper, chopped zucchini, red onion, cilantro, and Serrano (if using) into a large bowl. Add the cumin, olive oil, vinegar or lime juice, and crumbly cheese (if using). Mix gently. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve cold.
this made a great meal, but the leftovers were even better. i cut up the chicken and mixed it into the corn salad, and it tasted even better. combining it all into a cold salad kicked ass and was actually quite healthy. it was a bit of work, but i would make this again.
i didn't get any photos of my own, go i'll grab some from google image search. :)